Most tests are nowadays attempted on a computer instead of writing it on paper. Such a test which is attempted on a computer is called a computer-based test or test, sometimes abbreviated CBT. A computer-based test is attempted on a computer at home or in its designated area within an educational institution.
Unlike conventional paper-based test, computer-based tests have made the test process very easy for students. Therefore, every student should be able to attempt the computer-based test. If you are new to the computer-based test, you should know how it works and be prepared for it before attempting the real test. There are some important points which will help in understanding how to attempt the POlAC computer-based test and score well, as follows:
Guidelines for Attempting POLAC Computer Based Test (CBT) 2022
How and where to start:
The first page of the test: When you sat on your computer there are two sections, the login form on the left asks you to enter your login details (i.e username and password) which you will require to enter using the keyboard and click on Login using the mouse. This information is known to you before the test
The right section gives you all the instructions and guidelines about the test such as the time allowed for the test, sections of the test, types of questions in the test and how to attempt them. Read these instructions carefully before login into the test.
The next page Displayed your Basic information, Warning and subject combination. At the bottom of the page you will click on a button called Begin. At this point you have to be sure you are set to begin the exam before clicking the begin button.
- Remember, each page has two common buttons: PREVIOUSand NEXT. When you complete one page you can move to the next page by clicking on NEXT. Similarly, if you believe you have skipped something on the previous page, and you want to go back to that page, you can do so by clicking on PREVIOUS. Remember, from this page, your test time starts. On the top of the screen, you will see a clock or timer showing you the remaining time of test throughout your test.
- As you click on BEGINtest, a new page opens. This is the second page of your test. Now each page you move on will have a certain number of questions and answer options. Each Multiple Choice Question has four options. Each option has a small tickable circle. The student has to tick the circle for the correct option using the mouse of the computer. When an option is ticked, circle is filled with gray color when they are ticked, which also means that the option has been selected.
- Remember, you can go to any page (previousor next) until you have finally submitted the test. You can use the Previous and NEXT button if you want to go back to some question to attempt an un-attempted question or to edit any of your answers.
- There is also a small boxeson a bottom of each page which, show the numbers questions. From this list, you can straight select any question you want to go to directly. This list of questions also shows the questions attempted those left un-attempted. For any page with an un-attempted question, its number shows gray color.
- Remember, the above point is very important. It is better to first attempt all these questions which you can easily attempt. If you don’t know the answer of a question, do not stick to it wasting all the time on it. Skip it for now and move to the next question. You can come back to the un-attempted questions once you have attempted all the easy questions.
- When you complete all parts of your test and want to finish the test, go to the top of the At thetop of the page, you will see a button such SUBMIT THE TEST. When you click it, your test is finished.
- Your result will bedisplay right after you click on SUBMIT button. Best of luck!